is assured in winter. They make me consider my grandmother as a result of she made rosehip jam and there was at all times rosehip tea. I see them as a forgotten meals, as a result of whether or not tea, jam or vinegar, they’re hardly ever present in supermarkets. Rose hips are harvested from October to January. The fruit needs to be darkish purple and barely mushy when picked.
Substances for 200 g of chutney:
– approx. 300 g of rose hips
1. fodder rose hips. They need to be mushy, as they often are after just a few days of frost. I’ve discovered that each one shrubs are totally different, relying on the place they’re and what time they’re uncovered.
2. Put rose hips in a cooking pot, add a splash of water and simmer over medium warmth for about quarter-hour.
3. In the meantime, mince garlic, ginger, chili and onion and accumulate in a bowl
4. When the rose hips are stewed and softened, pressure right into a pulp and accumulate the juice and pulp in a bowl.
5. Add a splash of vegetable oil to the cooking pot and sauté the onion, garlic, ginger and chili till the onion begins to glaze.
6. Add mashed potatoes and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
7. Add a tablespoon of sugar and simmer once more for five minutes.
8. Switch to a jar and revel in any dish, be it greens or meat.
Supply : www.schoeneheimat.com