I’m comfortable to share this scrumptious pie with curled / whirlwind collectible figurines with zucchini, dill, cheese and onion, Kol Boregi, as we name it in Turkish; it has been a giant hit on my on-line cooking lessons recently. We actually loved this filling; has an exquisite pure sweetness from zucchini and onions with the salinity of Turkish beyaz peynir (I really like the creamy beyaz peynir from Pinar Meals UK) or feta cheese, which works so properly with dill. You may as well use spinach, sauteed leeks, kale, Swiss chard as an alternative of zucchini / zucchini.
The trick with sliced desserts is that they need to be saved underneath a barely damp fabric in order that they don’t dry out. Take just one sheet at a time to make the rolled kind for this recipe. I used Jus Roll pastry sheets they usually labored properly.
The combination of milk, eggs and olive oil works like magic to maintain the cake intact because it rolls. If the desserts break, please don’t worry, you possibly can patch the comb with a combination of milk, eggs and olive oil. As soon as baked and cooled, you possibly can minimize this cake into parts and freeze in a sealed bag (in a single layer). You may as well bake it prematurely and warmth it barely at 180 ° C for about 8 minutes.
I educate the way to make this vegetarian rolled up philo pie, Cole Boreghi, in my on-line (scaling cooking class) on April 17you; you possibly can register for the course through the PayPal hyperlink underneath April 17youif you wish to be a part of us – lessons are likely to promote out shortly, so early registration is advisable –
I really like our spicy pastries and boreks in Turkish delicacies; baking trays, filo triangles, pogacas, Pide, flat breads with zaatar and cheese topping and others included in my cooking e book, the Turkish desk of Ozlem, Recipes from My homeland. Signed copies can be found at this hyperlink and are shipped worldwide, together with america and Canada. Please be aware that this fillet pie, Cole Boreghi, is a brand new recipe and isn’t included in my present cookbook.
I hope you want this scrumptious filo pie, rolled up, boregi, Afiyet Olsun,
Rolled filo pie with zucchini (zucchini), cheese and dill – Kol Boregi
Writer: Ozlem Warren
Recipe sort: Vegetarian salty philo pie
Kitchen: Turkish delicacies
- 7 Filo pastries, thawed (I used a package deal of Jus Roll filo leaves, they work properly)
- For the filling:
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 massive (or 3 medium) zucchini / zucchini, grated
- 1 small bunch of dill, finely chopped
- 200g / 7 oz Turkish beyaz peynir or feta cheese, crushed
- 30 ml / 2 tablespoons olive oil (for sautéing onions)
- 5ml / 1tsp pul biber or paprika flakes
- Salt and floor black pepper to style
- For egg, milk and olive sauce:
- 105 ml / 3 ½ fl oz milk
- 1 medium egg, damaged
- 30 ml / 2 tablespoons olive oil
- To fill the rolled / swirling pie:
- 1 medium egg, damaged
- 30 ml / 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 30 ml / 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F
- For the filling, place the grated zucchini (zucchini) in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Put aside for 10 minutes. Utilizing a clear tea towel or a sturdy few sheets of kitchen paper towel, squeeze out the surplus juice (this is a crucial step, in any other case this extra juice would make the cake moist). Place the squeezed zucchini / zucchini in a big bowl.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil on a large heavy pan and stir within the chopped onion; simmer calmly for 4 minutes till it begins to melt. Stir within the grated zucchini / zucchini, fastidiously mix and simmer for one more 2-3 minutes. Flip off the warmth.
- Place the sauteed onions and zucchini within the massive mixing bowl. Stir within the grated cheese, dill, season with salt, floor black pepper and pepper. Mix all substances properly and permit to chill for about 10 minutes. The filling is prepared.
- For milk, egg and olive sauce; combine the overwhelmed egg, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 105 ml / 3 ½ fl milk in a bowl.
- Open your thawed desserts and place them fastidiously on a clear floor and canopy with a barely damp fabric. As a way to roll the fillet, the pastry have to be saved moist. Take just one sheet at a time and depart the remaining lined.
- Line a spherical baking dish (25 cm / 10 inches in diameter) with baking paper.
- Take 2 phyllo leaves and lay on prime of one another on a clear and dry floor. Unfold the highest sheet with 4 tablespoons of a combination of milk, eggs and olive oil. Place rather less (saving about 1 tablespoon of filling) than ⅓ of the filling combination in a row, alongside the sting close to you. Rigorously wind in a cylinder. Smear the sting with a combination of milk, egg, olive oil. Beginning at one finish, roll the fillet right into a coil and place on the baking tray with baking paper included. Unfold the combination of eggs, milk and olive oil on the facet of the rolled cake (this additionally helps to patch all of the damaged desserts).
- Repeat the identical process with the following 4 loaves of pastry leaves, utilizing 2 leaves at a time and rather less than (once more, saving about 1 tablespoon of filling) ⅓ of the filling every time. Wrap every fillo cylinder across the earlier one to make a bigger spiral. Don’t forget to unfold the combination of eggs, milk and olive oil on prime and on the facet of the rolled cake.
- Fold the final remaining sheet lengthwise and wipe the sheet with 2 tablespoons of the combination of eggs, milk and olive oil. Place the remaining filling (about 3 tablespoons) in a line alongside the sting close to you. Roll again right into a cylinder and wind across the earlier one to finish the spiral. Unfold the combination on prime and sides of the rolled cake with a combination of eggs, milk and olive oil and patch the damaged dough.
- Mix the overwhelmed egg and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl. Unfold this combination on the highest of the pie and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake within the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes, till the highest is golden brown and cooked.
- As soon as cooled, slice and serve with a refreshing shepherd’s salad or a wholesome spicy wheat bulgur salad with pomegranate molasses, Kisir, apart.
On Ozlem On-line (enhance) Cooking programs is coming!
It was great to share Turkish recipes with individuals everywhere in the world, in my on-line cooking programs with magnification; thanks very a lot everybody has joined us thus far. There are a number of great lessons forward, together with selfmade baklava and leafy greens with pine nuts April 10,, Vegetarian rolled up philo pie, Cole Boreghi and Kisir’s April 17 and Simit and Traybake kebabs April 24. You may see particulars of my upcoming on-line lessonsright here,, (together with my scrumptious lessons popping out with Milk Avenue On-line Cooking Faculty). Please register through the PayPal hyperlink underneath every class if you want to affix us. Lessons are likely to promote out quick subsequently, early registration is advisable.
We will probably be comfortable to see you in one of many lessons and make a digital culinary journey to my homeland, Turkey.
My finest needs and Afiyet Olsun,
Supply : ozlemsturkishtable.com