Chocolate, peanut butter, and bananas… want I say extra? This wholesome vegan smoothie solely requires 5 components and is ideal for breakfast, a mid-day snack, and even as a wholesome dessert. Get your blender and whip collectively this thick and creamy chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie in a snap!
I am usually a staff inexperienced smoothie kinda gal, however this my buddies is a smoothie made for champions.
It is nearly flawed to name this recipe a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie. It is extra like a decadent milkshake. It is thick, creamy, and has a wealthy chocolatey peanut butter taste. Nevertheless it’s removed from a milkshake as a result of it is utterly vegan, there isn’t any added sugar, and it is loaded with wholesome components.
Sound too good to be true? I am right here to inform you it’s totally true. And very scrumptious.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA SMOOTHIE
So along with the apparent, chocolate, pb, and banana, this 5 components vegan recipe requires oats and almond milk.
- I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk however any plant-based milk will do. Do this vegan smoothie recipe with cashew milk, oat milk, or your favourite dairy substitute.
- Why add oats to a vegan smoothie? Oats are an inexpensive ingredient that provides a little bit extra oomph to a smoothie. They make these creamy drinks much more filling and healthful, excellent for breakfast or a satisfying snack.
- The extra ripe your banana is, the sweeter your smoothie might be. Bananas sweeten as they brown, so use just-ripe brilliant yellow bananas for a barely much less candy smoothie.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Now I don’t assume you want me explaining to you tips on how to make a smoothie… Merely throw all of the components in a blender and mix away. Drink instantly.
BUT the important thing to creating the thickest, creamiest, and most milkshake-like smoothies is to use frozen bananas.
HOW TO FREEZE BANANAS TO MAKE THICK AND CREAMY VEGAN SMOOTHIES
When I’ve bananas which are going dangerous, I slice ’em up and put them within the freezer. That method I’m not losing meals and I at all times have a wholesome smoothie base readily available. It is actually a win-win.
That flash freeze bananas, first slice them and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then put the baking sheet within the freezer for about 1 hour, till the banana slices are onerous.
Switch the frozen bananas to freezer secure luggage, and hold within the freezer for as much as 4 months.
WAYS TO CUSTOMIZE THIS VEGAN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
I am an enormous advocate for making a smoothie recipe into your individual. This is some concepts to customise this candy vegan smoothie to your liking:
- Desire a creamy vegan smoothie with no banana? Substitute the banana with 1/2 an avocado for a smoothie recipe with out banana.
- As an alternative of utilizing cocoa powder, use your favourite chocolate vegan protein powder. I am a fan of Vega protein and the chocolate taste is out of this world.
- Add chia seeds, flax seeds, or hemp seeds for a protein wholesome booster. Grind the seeds earlier than mixing for a easy texture.
- Add maple syrup, agave, or honey for a wholesome sweetener.
- Substitute peanut butter together with your favourite various nut butter. Almond or cashew butter are each scrumptious!
- As an alternative of almond milk, attempt utilizing one other dairy-free plant-based milk like coconut, rice, cashew, soy, or hemp milk.
- You possibly can even substitute almond milk for chilly brew espresso!!
- Add yogurt for a protein increase (you should utilize a vegan yogurt to maintain this recipe 100% plant-based).
- This smoothie is thickkkk however you should utilize much less milk than the recipe requires and make it right into a smoothie bowl. Prime your chocolate peanut butter and banana smoothie bowl with contemporary banana slices, chocolate chips, peanut butter, and home made granola. Yum!
- The recipe beneath is to organize 1 smoothie, roughly 10-12 ounces. Be happy to chop the components proportions in half for a smaller serving, or double for two servings.
In case you tried this vegan chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie, let me know within the feedback beneath and share a photograph utilizing #mindfulavocado. I would love to listen to from you! Need to see extra recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Fb, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I am at the moment cooking up!
In case you like this vegan smoothie recipe, you may like a few of my different smoothie recipes:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This wholesome vegan smoothie recipe solely requires 5 components and is ideal for breakfast or a noon snack. With tons of customizable choices, you can also make this smoothie to suit your style buds!
Servings 1 smoothie
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 frozen banana minimize into slices
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder can substitute with 1 scoop of chocolate vegan protein powder. See notes.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup non-compulsory
Serving: 1smoothie | Energy: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 38.8g | Protein: 9.7g | Fats: 11.9g | Saturated Fats: 2.5g | Sodium: 144mg | Potassium: 567mg | Fiber: 7.4g | Sugar: 9.5g | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 3.8mg
Please observe this submit could include affiliate hyperlinks which don’t affect the associated fee to you however offers me a small fee. Thanks in your assist!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!
Supply : mindfulavocado.com