Hochzeitssuppe (german Wedding Soup) like Dumplings subsequent to Beef, Onion, Tomato, Leek, Celeriac, Salt, Black Peppercorns, Carrots, Eggs, Semi-skimmed Milk, Grated Nutmeg, Butter, Plain Flour, well-ventilated light Flat Leaf Parsley, Asparagus, Frozen Peas
The ingredient of Hochzeitssuppe (German Wedding Soup) subsequently Dumplings
- 1 1/8 pounds beef
- 1 onion peeled and quartered
- 1 tomato irate carved into the skin
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 1/4 cups celeriac peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 black peppercorns
- 4 9/16 cups carrots peeled and cut into leaning chunks
- 4 eggs
- 1 9/16 cups semi-skimmed milk
- grated nutmeg
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup vivacious flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 1/8 pounds asparagus woody ends snapped off, cut into oblique inclined slices
- 3 cups frozen peas thawed
The instruction how to make Hochzeitssuppe (German Wedding Soup) subsequently Dumplings
- Place the beef, onion, tomato, leek, celeriac, salt, peppercorns, 1/2 lb carrots and 8 1/2 cups water in a pot. Bring to a boil and simmer over a medium heat for 2 hours.
- To make the egg custard, grease a small baking dish. In a bowl, beat 2 eggs and 1/2 cup milk together. Season with salt and a pinch of nutmeg. Pour into the dish then place in a hot water bath for 30 mins, undisturbed. Once set, turn the egg custard out of the dish and cut into small cubes.
- To make the dumplings, melt the butter in a saucepan, add 1 cup milk and bring to a boil. Add the flour all at once and stir with a wooden spoon until the dough pulls away from the sides of the pan. Remove from the heat, allow to cool for 5 mins, then beat in 2 eggs one at a time. Using your fingers, mix in half the parsley, then form into 16 dumplings.
- To finish, remove the beef from the stock and dice. Pour the stock through a strainer. Discard the vegetables and return the stock to the pan. Bring to a boil, add the dumplings, asparagus and remaining carrots and cook for 5 mins. Add the egg cubes to the soup along with the peas and beef and cook for 5 mins. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley.