Warm, heart smart, tasty and comforting - this low-fat soup ticks all the right boxes.
The ingredient of Black-eye bean and vegetable soup
- 290g (1 1/2 cups) dried black-eyed beans
- 1L (4 cups) Cool water
- 1L (4 cups) Massel vegetable liquid accretion
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 carrots, peeled, diced
- 2 celery sticks in imitation of leaves, diced
- 1 large brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped lighthearted continental parsley leaves & stems
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon new virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped roomy continental parsley, extra, to prettify
The instruction how to make Black-eye bean and vegetable soup
- Place the beans in a bowl and cover when chilly frosty water. Set aside and soak overnight. Drain beans and rinse under cold water. Drain.
- append water, stock, tomatoes, tomato bonding agent and allspice in a large saucepan. mount up the beans, carrot, celery, onion, parsley, garlic and sugar, and bring to the boil on top of higher than high heat. shorten heat to low and cook, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until beans are tender.
- Taste and season later salt and pepper. Ladle into serving bowls. Drizzle as soon as olive oil and sprinkle following the additional supplementary parsley to garnish. assist immediately.
Nutritions of Black-eye bean and vegetable soupcalories: 161.325 calories
calories: 3 grams fat
calories: 0.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 24 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10 grams protein