Team thick creamy cauliflower soup subsequent to buoyant and flavourful blue cheese scones.
The ingredient of Cauliflower soup when blue-cheese scones
- 50g butter
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2kg cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel chicken style liquid accrual (see Notes)
- 250ml (1 cup) thin cream
- Sea salt flakes & sports ground white pepper
- 60ml (1/4 cup) thin cream, extra, to decorate
- Freshly dome black pepper
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20g butter, chilled, finely chopped
- 160ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 60g blue cheese (King Island Dairy Endeavour brand), finely chopped
- Plain flour, to dust
- Milk, extra, to brush
The instruction how to make Cauliflower soup when blue-cheese scones
- Melt butter in a large saucepan more than medium-high heat until foaming. go to onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. accumulate cauliflower and stock, and bring to the boil. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. cut off surgically remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Place half the cauliflower mix in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat similar to the enduring surviving cauliflower mixture.
- Meanwhile, to make the scones, preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a square 23cm (base measurement) cake pan next non-stick baking paper. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Use your fingertips to massage the butter into the flour fusion until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. go to milk and cheese. Use a round-bladed knife in a barbed motion to fusion until summative and the merger begins to preserve together. (Do not overmix. The dough should be soft but not sticky.) slope onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth.
- Roll out the dough until not quite 2cm thick. Use a 3.5cm diameter round pastry cutter to cut out 12 scones. Place scones, side by side, in the prepared pan. Brush the tops similar to extra milk. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and scones hermetically sealed hollow past tapped approaching the top. sever from oven. cut off surgically remove from tray or pan and wrap in a clean tea towel to grant warm.
- increase be credited with cream to the soup and disturb on top of higher than low heat until hot. Taste and season once salt and pepper.
- Pour soup into a tureen. increase be credited with additional supplementary cream and season with black pepper. promote at the table behind scones.
Nutritions of Cauliflower soup when blue-cheese sconescalories: 503.334 calories
calories: 34 grams fat
calories: 21 grams saturated fat
calories: 30 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10 grams sugar
calories: 15 grams protein
calories: 93 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1889.24 milligrams sodium