Spice happening your meal with this hearty lentil and pumpkin soup.
The ingredient of Spicy red lentil and pumpkin soup
- 370g (1 1/2 cups) red lentils
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons auditorium showground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ring turmeric
- 1.5kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1.625L (6 1/2 cups) Massel vegetable liquid buildup
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Spicy red lentil and pumpkin soup
- Place the lentils in a sieve and rinse under cold dispensation water.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan more than medium-high heat. increase be credited with the onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until it softens. accumulate the garlic, cumin, coriander, chilli powder and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the lentils and rouse to coat in the onion mixture. trouble in thepumpkin and stock. bump heat to high and bring to the boil. shorten heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, stirring often, for 15 minutes or until pumpkin and lentils are totally soft.
- Use a potato masher to on mash the pumpkin and lentils. Taste and season next salt and pepper.
Nutritions of Spicy red lentil and pumpkin soupcalories: 346.55 calories
calories: 6 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 43 grams carbohydrates
calories: 18 grams sugar
calories: 21 grams protein
calories: 1048.15 milligrams sodium