Spicy chorizo adds a zing to this hearty winter bean soup.
The ingredient of Borlotti bean and chorizo soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 (about 125g) chorizo sausage, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid buildup
- 2 x 400g cans borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
- 250g savoy cabbage
- Salt & freshly arena black pepper
- Crusty bread, to advance
The instruction how to make Borlotti bean and chorizo soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan higher than medium-low heat. amass the onion and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until soft. accumulate the sausage and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until browned. mount up the garlic and cook, stirring, for a further 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- amass the amassing and beans to the pan, cover and bring to the boil greater than high heat. condense abbreviate heat to medium and simmer, partially covered, stirring occa-sionally, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sever the hard core from the cabbage and shred the cabbage finely. raise a fuss into the soup and cook for 3 minutes or until the cabbage softens slightly. Season like salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls and facilitate considering crusty bread.
Nutritions of Borlotti bean and chorizo soupcalories: 310.939 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 33 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 17 grams protein
calories: 28 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1592.73 milligrams sodium